21. March 2019
Workshop with Roberta Carreri
The workshop will be divided into two parts. The first part will concentrate on the actor’s physical training - on the awakening of the actor’s scenic presence. The second part will focus on the work with the voice, comprising exercises that awaken different sonority of the voice and develop the capacity to make vocal actions in the space. The aim of the workshop is to transmit, in a relatively short period of time, the basis of a training that will help the actor achieve the following:
• for the young actors to discover their scenic presence through the exploration of a formalized scenic behavior.
• for the experienced actors to find a way to free themselves of their performing automatism, their own clichés, and find new ways of expression.
The workshop will focus on the following aspects:
• the perception of your own presence in relation to the space and to the other actors on stage
• how to be present in the action and at the same time to be ready to react
• how to find the axe of your body, and how to work with the “in-tensions”
• how to achieve a dynamic immobility
• the creation of physical and vocal actions, and how to realize them with different qualities of energy
• how to explore different qualities of energy in the gaze
• work on slow motion
• vocal training with several body resonators
• the relations between vocal and physical actions
Each participant is required to learn by heart a text (about 20 lines) and a song