The Dance of Intentions
30. October 2019
19:00 - 21:00
GR1, Level 6, Grand Theatre Backstage
Hong Kong Cultural Centre
10 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui
Masterclass with Roberta Carreri on physical and vocal training
The objective is to provide the foundations for a training which, through the exploration of a formalized scenic behavior, can help young actors to discover their scenic presence and can give the experienced actors a way of freeing themselves of their performing automatisms and clichés.
Divided into two parts, the first part concentrates on the actor's physical training - on the awakening of the actor's presence. The second part focuses on vocal work, with exercises that awaken the sonority of the voice and develop the capacity to make vocal actions in space.
The work focuses on the next points :
- the perception of the individual actor's presence in relation to space and to other actors on stage.
- Find ways to be present in the action one is doing and at the same time to be ready to react.
- Search the axis of the body : work with the "in-tensions" and with a dynamic immobility.
- Explore different qualities of energy of the gaze
- Identify different points in the body where the leading impulse of a movement starts.
Sign up here
As an actor/ ticketholder: