DOO - Divano Occidentale Orientale
The performing arts group DOO - Divano Occidentale Orientale was created in January 2010 by Giuseppe L. Bonifati (Italy) and Monserrat Montero Cole (Costa Rica).
DOO artistic project began from the South (Italy) and the South of the World (Costa Rica), and especially from a will to create and produce contemporary art through a deep research, offering it to youths and adults.
DOO- is a wide-ranging project, a continuous journey of contamination across geographical borders. Since the beginning our main concern is one: how to translate on stage the unconscious and the unknown. In just 4 years of existence the group has produced a line of diverse works: Ammaliata (2009), Cala 'a Saudage (2010), Pepè El Bastardo Impaziente e Innamorato (2011) Maiden in Costa Rica (2012),ivetotellusomething, (2012) Qui-es-tu? Tu me tues; Maren og Jeg; The Judgement (2014), The Last Blow (2015). They have been hosted in theatres & art festivals of national and international significance in Italy,Denmark, Costa Rica, Poland, Bosnia Herzegovina, Hungary, Venezuela, Bulgaria, Slovenia
Since 2011 the group has its Residence at Nordisk Teaterlaboratorium (Holstebro, Denmark) and participated also in other program of residency in Europe & Central America, among them: Art Quarter Budapest (Hungary), Godsbanen (Denmark), Venice Biennale - Theatre (Venice, Italy), Guestroom Maribor (Slovenia).
- National Award "I Teatri del Sacro" by ETI (Italian Theatre Institute)
- Finalist "Kantor National Award" for new theatre groups
- National Dramaturgy Award "Alessandro Fersen"
- ***** Students Jury Award in Warsaw
- *****Special Mention International Theatre Award "Teresa Pomodoro (Jury: Eugenio Barba, Lev Dodin, Frédéric Flamand, Jonathan Mills, Lluís Pasqual and Luca Ronconi)
Maren and I